Wednesday, October 9, 2024

On Architecture And Life

I hope you had an amazing birthday and lots of fun at your party!!!  I also hope someone took pics and saved them for me to see one day lol.  Getting to talk to you makes my heart warm, and full.  Thank you for that, and just, for being your fabulous self. We should talk more often lovebug.  I miss it... a lot.  I miss you, and being more a part of your life.  I have so much I want to give you.  AND..  I love hearing you excited.  I really do want to see your drawings. I know you're amazing at it.  You got the artistic talent from me 😌

I really was serious.... happy extra birthday? Super early Christmas? 

 

This one is fun because it gives you ideas/examples, and then a space for sketching. 


I know this is one of your loves. I'm not trying to force that career path though. It's for you to play around and have fun with on your own, study if you want, but let loose, see how you like it from a more academic perspective. If it makes you more excited and sure of that choice then awesome. If you find you hate it, still awesome! I'm excited and proud either way. I just want to give you the support of your passions and help you find the path you want to go down. It's not something I had, and since I was left to try and figure it out on my own, I basically washed out of everything. I won't continue that cycle with you.

I know you made a promise to them to "get your life together", and the consequences of... but that was forced from a place of control, manipulation, and abuse. Coerced promises shouldn't need to be honored. That should never have been done to you. And I'm undoing it. I'm not going to make you pledge the same. I want you to find a career you love, I want you to thrive in life, have that happiness and sense of fulfillment and pride in yourself and have fun, have your friends, have a social presence... that is coming from a place of love, and support. That's not going to bloom from a place of dictation and control. That's a battle that is extremely hard to win. It's one you don't have to fight. I don't want you to have to fight for that. 

So I'm making a promise to you, which is the way it SHOULD be, to help and support you with love, and if it turns out Architecture is it, or you go through 15 different options before deciding you want to open a pet store or something, I will be passionate, and supportive about each and every one. And I will help, yes, but in a way where you also build self confidence, self reliance, and independence. But even then, after everything, and you go on to build your life, even then, you'll still have my support. Self reliance doesn't mean you're on your own and I walk away. Mom for life. I love you kiddo. 

 Momma 💙

No comments:

Post a Comment