Friday, June 14, 2024

Ch 26: The Call

I promise, You have me until my last breath.

Someone asked what maternal feelings were like, this was my answer.

I'm in my late 40s. I never wanted kids, made sure I can't have them...... and then this kid kind of dropped into my life and turned it on its head and it was like a switch flipped. It was an overwhelming desire to care for, love, and protect him, to not abandon him in his difficult moments or have them diminish the love I have for him. There is nothing in this world that he could do that would ever make me stop loving him.  It's unconditional love.  It's  accepting and cherishing all of him because he's an irreplaceable and priceless part of me; he's become part of my soul.  I want to celebrate him, guide and help him to find peace and happiness in his life, help him to find who he wants to be, and support him in any way I can.  I love him, and he makes me proud every single day. I want to give him the world, he already has all of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment