Monday, June 26, 2006

For Want Of A Road

It doesn't matter where it leads to, I just want a nice driving road. Make it a road with smooth unflawed pavement, wide lanes, beautiful scenery, and most importantly of all, curves... lots and lots of curves. I want tight, banked, off-camber curves, S-curves, long and fast sweepers, hairpins and loops and I want them with a decently high (but safe) speed limit and no pokey traffic! Is that too much to ask? Apparently it is in Oklahoma, land of endless and perfectly straight pavement. There are very few decent drives here, and the ones that do exist take all day (of driving on long straight roads) just to get to. Talimena Skyway over in the south eastern side of the state comes to mind. Even the great Talimena though, does not compare to what was described above. I've driven those dreams before... TN 129 aka the Tail of the Dragon at Deal's Gap, the beautiful scenic roads that wind through Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado and the Ouchita's in Arkansas; I hear Oregon has some absolutely fantastic roads as well, though I have not been there... yet. I want a road like that, right here; no, I need a road like that! I feel like a fish out of water with all this straight pavement around, almost like a part of my soul is missing. I suppose I shall be kept wanting though, for the time being.

1 Comments:

Anonymous JohnLZ7W said...

Oregon has no such roads, anyone thinking about checking it out don't bother... all they have there is rain

;)

June 26, 2006 at 7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home