Monday, December 21, 2009

Live Unplanned: Redux

Well it's been almost a year now. January 29th I was put on an antibiotic and had a severe reaction to it. Everything went downhill from there. Panic attacks, depression, severe pelvic pain, bladder irritation and pain. No one could find a reason, no one could find anything wrong. Test after test, hospital trip after trip, 8 ER visits, 2 urologists and 3 months later I was in surgery and woke up to the news that I had Interstitial Cystitis. It is incurable, and mostly untreatable. It takes months to a year or more for medications to start working, if they work at all. My life, in ruins. No more could I have the foods and drinks I enjoyed. No more could I go on long photo hikes with my now husband. No more could I take long rides in the car. No more could I work a job. Ruins.

It's been a very long and hard road and while it's better, there is still no end in sight, no end to the suffering. Sometimes I feel ok, almost normal. Then some days I am in pain and some days I can barely do anything from fatigue and lack of energy. I cope though. I try to live, It's all I can do.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i will leave a comment as that was my mission.

December 21, 2009 at 9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry, be happy.

December 21, 2009 at 9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your blog on mysterygoogle, and I was so prepared to leave a rant on how people used the website as a cheap way to get emails, phone calls, and website hits. But I won't do that here.

I've never heard of Interstitial Cystitis before (mostly because any non-fatal disease doesn't have the same gravity as cancer or AIDS or something), but IC sounds worse than those- you can't use it as an excuse, you don't get sympathy (or at least not as much as cancer would garner), you are only plagued with restrictions based on your condition for the rest of your life.

I feel bad for you. A silent sufferer, a woman victim of sickness, doomed for life. I want you to get better. If I were religious, I'd pray for you. I hope your life turns around- I hope a cure is found, or at least the pain culls away until you can do what you enjoy again.Until then, I hope you can find the joys of life in the everyday. Stay safe.

December 21, 2009 at 9:39 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Anonymous poster, whoever you are, thank you. Your comments moved me to joyous tears. I am thankful for your compassion and understanding, and for your hopes and well wishes. Thank you.

December 21, 2009 at 10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home