Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Triple D Goodness


No trips this past weekend as Portland has reverted back to winter weather mode (I'm wearing a sweatshirt and watching it rain as I type this). We did manage to hit the Pearl District and enjoy some fantastic food though. Triple D (Diners, Drive-ins and Dives on the Food Network) is one of our new favorite shows. The only bad thing about watching it is, well, it makes me unbelievably hungry and a majority of the places are very far away. It also doesn't help that we watch at night before bed so I can't get any food at all! Guy did visit one spot here in Portland though so we headed there on Saturday. Let me tell you... the Byways Cafe has some of THE best french toast and pancakes I have ever had the pleasure of tasting, and I've had a lot of french toast and pancakes! John got the blue corn pancakes and I got Amaretto french toast, both slathered with their special honey pecan butter and pure organic maple syrup. The food was so good that we both ate well beyond the point of being too full to eat anymore. We are making a second trip this weekend to try the corn beef hash and fresh made desserts (also featured on the show). Weather is supposed to improve this weekend so we've rescheduled a drive/hike for then. Watch for a trip post and pictures!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home