Monday, October 2, 2006

Snack Addiction

I have a new snack addiction, and it's healthy! My aunt came to visit one week and came back from the grocery store with several cans of Garbanzo beans aka Chickpeas. I would have never thought that chickpeas would be a decent snack or even taste good... but just drain the can, put a cup or so in a bowl and season to taste ( I like a little salt and pepper) then enjoy! They taste great, they are good for you, and you can also use them in salads and lots of other dishes. I could very likely eat an entire can by myself. Carefull of the brand you buy. I like Bush's Best brand (in the blue can) because they are great quality and size and in a light juice that drains off easily and doesn't affect the taste. We tried some off brand in a red and black can once and had to toss them out. They were very small and were packed in a thick jelly that tasted funny.

1 Comments:

Anonymous el gran chorizo said...

snackitty snack dont come back..

October 15, 2006 at 7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home