Thursday, August 17, 2006

Guilty Pleasures

Do you have one of those secret guilty pleasures? You know, the ones you don't tell anyone about because you think you'd be embarrased? Like (guys) getting an occasional facial, or eating pineapple and mayo sandwiches, or maybe you (ladies) think Will Ferrell is cute. Well mine is bluegrass/folk music. Yup. I love Bela Fleck, Alison Krauss & Union Station, Nickel Creek... in fact I'm going to the OIBF (thats oklahoma international bluegrass festival) this October. I found an old highschool friend is a member of III Generation Bluegrass Band and they will be playing at OIBF along with my neighbor, whos a member of a little 'garage' band. So there you have it! I love bluegrass! So what's YOUR guilty pleasure?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Kareem Of WheaTT said...

Guilty pleasures? Gosh....where do I start? In no particular order....
-Running with scissors
-Talking with mouth full
-Eating paste

....No, seriously....the one thing I'll admit to is.....People Magazine. It all got started when I was still an airline pilot (I say that like it's been years, but it's only been 3 days since I quit flying for a living)--folks would always leave them behind in the cabin. So, the flight attendants would gather them up and I'd read them....been hooked ever since.

August 20, 2006 at 5:11 AM  
Anonymous Ghost of TT-West.. said...

I'd have to say a toasted grilled cheese with ham and tomatoes.. mmmmmmmmmmm Tomatoes...
also getting in my car and driving thru the hill country with the music just loud enough that you can still hear the roar fo the engine..River Rd comes to mind between Canyon Lake and just outside New Braunfels you criss cross the Guadalupe river several times..

August 20, 2006 at 10:02 PM  
Anonymous primer dude said...

reading random blogs... yep... that and reality tv

August 24, 2006 at 5:48 PM  
Anonymous krusTTy said...

SHOPPING... i LOVE shopping!!!!

September 11, 2006 at 10:38 AM  
Anonymous DutchDaddy said...

Yes, I actually like Abba songs, and don't drive a TT...

:P

September 25, 2006 at 7:13 PM  
Anonymous scot said...

What's guilty about bluegrass? Now, if you had said '70s disco, maybe .... :>

s

November 8, 2006 at 3:26 PM  
Anonymous seneb said...

Ahhh... I saw Nickel Creek at the Fillmore several years ago. They are awesome, and I don't particularly like bluegrass. No guilt there!

November 14, 2006 at 1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home