Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Ouch....

Today I did something painfully brilliant *sarcasm*... I was attempting to pry the basket out of the pool skimmer (the handle is broken off)with a somewhat rusty screwdriver when it slipped, stabbed into my thumb and sliced it wide open. It didn't really hurt, but it was a nasty jagged slice, and I hadn't had a tetanus shot in... errr.... uhmmm... well lets just say it's been well over 10 years. After much washing and sanitizing with wound wash, alcohol and peroxide I went to the Dr's office and waited around 5 minutes to get jabbed with a needle and shot up with tetanus booster. Thirty-nine bucks and a sore arm later I am now free to stab myself with rusty objects for another 10 years. Now to go get that skimmer basket out! Where did I put that screwdriver?

;)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Kareem Of WheaTT said...

Glad you're ok....reminds me of someone's siggie on Audiworld which says, "All tools are hammers, except screwdrivers, which are chisels."

July 21, 2006 at 3:56 PM  
Anonymous Danielle said...

hahahaha ain't that the truth!

July 21, 2006 at 3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home